Wednesday, April 06, 2005

We Live

We Die. This was an interesting choice for the beginning. I find it funny that many of my fellow classmates had a hard time getting over that statement. Julia saw this statement as "a little bit of a cheap shot to grab people by manipulating them emotionally..." I didn't read a single blog that commented on the fact that he ended the chapter with "we live." Amusingly enough, this captures the point that Christopher Locke, one of the authors of The Cluetrain Manefesto made within the first several paragraphs. Many people today focus on the fact that "we die." They spend lifetimes looking for the answers on how to live. Just live. I was born and raised to believe that someday I would be sitting at a desk from nine to five. "Desk jobs pay well." I'm beginning to realize that I live in a society that is gradually changing. Wait, it's not though. It's not gradual. It's truckin'.
Many things that Locke says about corporations, I did not know. I knew of intranets. 4 years of business classes took care of that. But I didn't realize that this was threatening corporations. I didn't realize the power of the Internet. All I knew was that I spent most of my time on it and if I wanted to know something that my school didn't feel like teaching me, I could find it there. As a society, we have created something remarkable. We've created the all knowing. We look back at the Egyptians, at the pyramids, and marvel. To think, centuries from now, we will be looked upon, and our internet, marveled.
Many of my classmates had some interesting blogs. Laura mentioned dreams in her entry. "We aren't dead, but asleep. In a sense, many people in the world spend most of there time dreaming of what they wish they had or wish they knew. Our dreams are where we try to build our knowledge so we may one day be able to wake up and understand..." Interestingly enough, I have been pondering the relationship between dreams and communication a lot lately. I've realized that communication brought death to the life that had no distinction between dreams and reality. A life without comparison, without society. Not a life of evolution and growth, but rather a life of contentment. Jean Jacques Rousseau wrote many essays on the topic of man's evolution into society. And as a society we chose not to be content. We chose to evolve. Yet, so many people today are striving to be "content." There is an abundant amount of focus on reality. My father, the cpa, always reminded me, "Dreams aren't real." A common thought in today’s society, but not one to live by. The Internet can provide endless amounts of communication. An abundant amount of knowledge and dreams. We create dreams, we can share em, we can mold em, and with em, we can create reality.
A point that Locke did not cover, is something that I have come to realize. The internet is beginning to create and maintain millions of "Know it all"s. These people have been around since the birth of easily obtained knowledge. They listen to what you say, only so they can spit out something that they read in a magazine, saw on a commercial, or in this case, saw on a website. Most of the time, they do not know everything about that topic, just small bits that they piece together. This creates generalizations and lack of credibility. Dinison Memorial Library has a website about evaluating the information found on the web. Not to say that this "creation of Know it Alls" is a major negative of the internet, I just wish those people didn't exist. The internet is a source for so much great information, but it is also full of the crap that those people like to spit out. I've found that if you use th internet long enough, you begin to become familiar with credible sources for information that you can go back to regularly.
Finally, I feel like testing out Locke's theories, so I am asking, please help me. Comment on this blog about your thoughts on anything that I have said, feel free to send me links on relative or even just random information, thanx.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Robert Shields College said...

How to Make Your Dreams Come True

Of course not all dreams are pleasant and making them come true can be worse than being trapped inside a cosole horror game.

But some dreams are produced by our deeper minds and are our inner-most desires, often disguised in some strange way.

However, there is another kind of dream and that is the kind we are consciously aware of and we have them during the daylight hourse and are often just fleeting thoughts.

You know the kind. "I wish I was on a world cruise enjoying myself rather than being stuck here in the factory or behind a desk." Yes, that's also a dream because it has it is a desire that has sirfaced into our conscious minds and is something we wish for at an unconscious level.

Of course, making those kind of dreams come true is more than not virtually impossible. For example, to wish to win the lottery may never become reality in this lifetime.

However, some dreams can become reality as so many graduates of my Hypnotherapy Course have discovered.

I decided three years ago to give thousands of 'dreamers' the opportunity to fullfill their dreams and ebcome a therapist. So many people want to help other people overcome their illnesses and mental blockages to life that their only stumbling block was the cost of training. I know of hypnotherapy courses costing as much as £7,000 (more than $11,000) and training in other forms of Alternative Medicine costing as much. To become a Doctor (M.D.) can cost as much as the purchase of a house.

So, with my teeth firmly gritted together, and a determination I have no known for years, I set the goal to help at least a thousand people make their dreams come true by reducing the cost of Hypnotherapy Training so it was within the reach of almost anyone in the World.

I passed that goal having had more than 1,400 students enrol and over 800 graduate.

So in helping others make their dreams come true, I made my own dream come true and at the age of sixty-nine years of age, I am proud of that.

Why don't you take a look at what I mean at: htttp:/www.dreams2reality.co.uk

Thank you for reading this,

Robert Shields

5:47 AM  
Blogger Robert Shields said...

MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Of course not all dreams are pleasant and making them come true can be worse than being trapped inside a console horror game.

But some dreams are produced by our deeper minds and are our inner-most desires, often disguised in some strange way.

However, there is another kind of dream and that is the kind we are consciously aware of and we have them during the daylight hours and are often just fleeting thoughts.

You know the kind. "I wish I was on a world cruise enjoying myself rather than being stuck here in the factory or behind a desk." Yes, that's also a dream because it has it is a desire that has surfaced into our conscious minds and is something we wish for at an unconscious level.

Of course, making those kind of dreams come true is more than not virtually impossible. For example, to wish to win the lottery may never become reality in this lifetime.

However, some dreams can become reality as so many graduates of my Hypnotherapy Course have discovered.

I decided three years ago to give thousands of 'dreamers' the opportunity to fulfill their dreams and become a therapist. So many people want to help other people overcome their illnesses and mental blockages to life that their only stumbling block was the cost of training. I know of hypnotherapy courses costing as much as £7,000 (more than $11,000) and training in other forms of Alternative Medicine costing as much. To become a Doctor (M.D.) can cost as much as the purchase of a house.

So, with my teeth firmly gritted together, and a determination I have no known for years, I set the goal to help at least a thousand people make their dreams come true by reducing the cost of Hypnotherapy Training so it was within the reach of almost anyone in the World.

I passed that goal having had more than 1,400 students enrol and over 800 graduate.

So in helping others make their dreams come true, I made my own dream come true and at the age of sixty-nine years of age, I am proud of that.

Why don't you take a look at what I mean at: http:/www.dreams2reality.co.uk

Thank you for reading this,

Robert Shields

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home